We are a diverse and global team that is committed to delivering solutions for sustainable change through creating and nuturing innovative partnerships. Our unique model enables us to create scalable and sustainable solutions on the ground which impact upon the Millenium Development Goals.
Pepal’s vision is a world in which commercial, social and political agendas are aligned to achieve sustainable and scalable social change.
Pepal’s mission is to bring together NGO, government and business leaders to facilitate the co-creation of innovative and scalable solutions that address social problems in developing and emerging markets.
Founded in 2009 with the support of Fondation Hoffmann, Pepal has:
- Improved the lives of over 5,000 people in 8 countries in three continents.
- Delivered 12 leadership and innovation programmes.
- Trained over 250 leaders.
- Created more than 30 new partnerships.
- Launched 6 long-term social change initiatives covering health, education, nutrition, livelihoods and environment which will improve the lives of thousands more individuals over 3 years.
Pronunciation: \ˈpē-(ˌ)pəl\, sounds like 'people'
The name Pepal comes from the large Indian fig tree, the longest living tree in the South Asian subcontinent, and is sacred to the followers of Hinduism, Jainism, and Buddhism. Siddhartha Buddha was sitting under a Pepal tree when he was enlightened.
We are a charitable group, based in the United Kingdom, comprised of Pepal Foundation and its wholly owned trading subsidiary Pepal Ltd. All profits from Pepal Ltd will be returned to Pepal Foundation to be used for charitable purposes.